With Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)-welding, oxygen as a protective and forming gas atmosphere is generally undesirable, as it is detrimental to the welded joint. This new ORBmax residual oxygen meter sets a milestone for fast, exact detection of residual oxygen, and with it complete documentation of these parameters. At the same time,
the new measuring method results in greater efficiency and higher quality.
The "Optical oxygen measurement via fluorescence extinction" method for welding technology (patent pending) is far superior to the conventional methods, using zirconium sensors: It requires no warm-up time whatsoever; reliably, quickly and precisely detects the oxygen share in the gas; unchecked alleged increasing of the measured value due to the formation of ozone is eliminated; the measurement is possible in all gas mixtures without manual switch-over (even with forming gas with a variable percentage of hydrogen).
The exact, fast detection of the oxygen content reduces the otherwise long flooding time of the forming gas. The operator can start the safe welding process considerably earlier. As a result, precious working time is saved and the gas consumption reduced. In addition, ORBmax requires no maintenance of any kind. Calibration once a year in accordance with the standard ISO 9001 is sufficient.
For welding pipes in plant and equipment construction for the food processing, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals industries, medical and bio technology as well as fine chemicals, comprehensive quality assurance is required and a procedure qualification is specified for the welded seams. For quality certification, not only the values from the power source, but also the residual oxygen values can be documented with the ORBmax. The need for a more in-depth inspection, for example with x-rays, is therefore eliminated. When used as a stand-alone solution, ORBmax records a digital log with a time stamp. In conjunction with the ORBIMAT welding power source, the joining process can be monitored in real-time and automatically switched off when increased oxygen content occurs.
• No warm-up time required
• Quick response
• High measurement accuracy
• Measurement of residual oxygen level during the welding process
• No uncontrolled increase of the measurement during the welding process
• Measurement of forming gas with variable hydrogen content without mode change
• Measurement of the residual oxygen value in all gas mixtures
• Measured value recording on SD card
• User-friendly touchscreen
• Water-resistant sensor
• Alarm mode with beeper and changing colour of the display (green/red)
• Protection class IP32
• Setable alarm value and saving interval
• Multirange power supply
• Software to evaluate data
• Can be connected with an ORBIMAT Orbital Welding Power Source
• Maintenance-free sensor (yearly calibration recommended)
• Pleasant and handy design
• Transportation case with IP67 protection